I AM SO EXCITED FOR FALL. It’s the only season with two names because all of its splendor and glory can’t fit into just one word. In case you’ve forgotten what fall is all about, here are a couple of vocab words to refresh your memory:
– yarn mittens! but with none of that finger business
– LEAVES aka, the city of Northfield in formalwear
– crisp wind that makes you shiver and gives you an excuse to hug someone
– pink cheeks
– the smell of pencils
– apple cider
– football games I don’t attend, but talk about nonetheless
-Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
– “You’ve Got Mail”
– sepia-colored everything
– candy corn
– Norah Jones-y music
– October Baseball
That’s 15 non-Carleton related reasons why I am more than happy to wave goodbye to the broken toaster that has been summer of 2010. Carleton-related reasons:
– I miss The Clap
– I left my umbrella in the dining center
– I miss spending 10+ hours/week in the dance studio
– My mailbox this year is the perfect height, no joke. PERFECT. Please send me mail, otherwise I’ll just subscribe to cheap magazines so that I can have a reason to open it every day.
– Tomorrow is my sister’s murder mystery party for her 11th birthday party. MURDER MYSTERY party. With a CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN. I’ve already been outcooled.
– My brother is in Cedar City being a whiner. I was half-asleep when I said goodbye to him before he left for his flight, which has upsides and downsides, but mostly downsides. But for what it’s worth, I still hesitate before turning corners at my house in case he’s crouching behind them.